Monday, March 13, 2006

Red Flora...

Red Flora (WIP) - Colored Pencil 7" x 9" 2006

I'm betting at this point you're seeing the red pattern.

I love finishing florals, I cannot honestly say though that I love the process of coloring them. Real details are more important for my own style than shortcuts that trick the viewer into thinking there are more details when viewed at a *small distance, I want the viewer to see up close that the details are just as detailed up close as they are from a distance.

Don't get me wrong, I do have my periods of simplicity but I prefer realism over abstraction in my own work. I have not gone to the super realism plateau, I don't know if I'll ever feel the need to reach that stataspheric level of realistic achievement...or frankly to commit the time to such an endeavor.

*My works are generally small, less than 9" x 12"I'll post this when it's finished.LM

No comments:

Post a Comment